Online Landscape Consultation, Austin and Zone 8
So let’s just get right to it, 2020 has been a real eye-opener when it comes to how we do business and where our priorities lie. Being the mother of a young adult son with autism, a Landscape Designer and Educational Consultant for the last 20 years in Central Texas, I am well versed in adjustments; but I am more determined than ever to accomplish both at the highest levels. Right now that means I provide services online, and not only does this allow me to safely continue to do what I love, but for you that means you still get a high quality service at a discounted price.
I charge $175 for one hour of service. My usual rate (onsight) is $175 to $225 for 50 minutes and we do what I referred to as a “walk and talk“. This is an opportunity for the client to ask questions while they take notes and document what we talked about, and I follow up with a minimal write up and phtoto references. With my online service you still have my undivided attention through Zoom for 30-40 minutes max, and the rest of that hour is instead spent on a rough sketch, (typically an additional cost) and a detailed Write-up of everything we discussed including photo examples and illustrations as needed.
You will also receive my detailed direction on all things Gardening from how to properly plant a tree or shrub, to when to plant, how to water, organic protocols and much more. You will also receive a brief write up on design suggestions and a customized plant list edited to your light conditions.
Finally, I send you photo examples of solutions and a basic idea of how to approach them on the budget you have to work with. I also provide examples that speak to your style and the style of your home.
Here are the best candidates for 0nline Consultation:
* Anyone who likes to do it yourself. DIY!
* Anyone who has a few weird spots in the yard they can’t seem to get to grow.
* Anyone with lawn, erosion, or drainage issues who can capture these events on video for discussion.
* Anyone with a predominantly flat yard and a clean pallet, looking for some Design direction. (Sidewalks, where to place a patio or play area.)
* Anyone who would like to learn more about their existing plants, trees, lawn, watering and general maintenance.
* Anyone who has recently purchased a home and doesn’t know what’s actually living in their yard, or what they want to keep or remove.
* Anyone selling their home who would like to know how to give it a quick makeready facelift, for a quick sale.
* Anyone who would like to bid out the work to be done, but would like a designer’s opinion on which materials to use.
* Anyone who’s feeling discouraged in their Central Texas landscape and would like to get excited about it again.
Details of the Online Consultation service:
* 30-40 minute Zoom call (including provided email photo and video supported documentation)
* A detailed write up of our conversation including photo examples and or appropriate websites for accurate and detailed information.
* A custom plant list including animals and trees based on your specific light needs. All of the recommended plants are low water, low maintenance, deer resistance upon request, and perennial native or adapted plants.
* A detailed write up of general information and instructions on planting such as technique, timing, watering, soil preparation and lawn care. This will also include my organic protocols and local nurseries that carry the plants I recommend.
* A rough sketch of the concept we discussed as shown above.
* My recently added “Design by the Foot” diagram that shows you how to allocate plants properly.
* Photos of all of my recommended materials such as stone color and shape, River rock and patio stone, metal edging and water features, as well as seating, fire pits, and so much more.
Online Consultations are provided Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 11 PM. I accept payments through Venmo or Zelle. You can contact me at Lisalapaso@gmail.com for an appointment to get started on the space you need at the price you can’t beat. I have worked and taught for 25 years in the Central Texas Landscape and all I do is Xeriscape and environmentally friendly gardens while Saving the Planet One Yard at a Time.
- Posted in: Austin Xeriscape ♦ Central Texas Gardens ♦ Deer Resistant Plants Austin ♦ Edible Gardens ♦ Education ♦ Garden Coach ♦ Gardening in Central Texas ♦ Landscape Consultation ♦ Native and Adapted Plants ♦ Organic Gardening ♦ Soil Preparation ♦ Water Wise Perennial Plants
- Tagged: consulting, garden, inspiration, Low, maintenance, plants, secret garden, sustainable, trees, water