Online Landscape Consultation, Austin and Zone 8
So let’s just get right to it, 2020 has been a real eye-opener when it comes to how we do business and where our priorities lie. Being the mother of a young adult son with autism, a Landscape Designer and Educational Consultant for the last 20 years in Central Texas, I am well versed in adjustments; but I am more determined than ever to accomplish both at the highest levels. Right now that means I provide services online, and not only does this allow me to safely continue to do what I love, but for you that means you still get a high quality service at a great price.
I charge $225 for one hour of online service, this includes a 30 minute zoom call and a detailed write up including concept sketches without plant detail. (I now also provide in person consultation for difficult topography or large projects for $295 for a 30 minute “walk and talk“, followed by the same detail as the online version.) With either service, this is an opportunity for the client to ask questions of a professional landscape contractor/designer who has over 20 years experience in the Central Texas Landscape. With my online service you still have my undivided attention through Zoom for 30 minutes and the rest of that hour is spent on a detailed write up of our discussion. With either service, you get my professional design and material recommendations, an edited plant list for your space and preference, (to use throughout the years), and a rough sketch to implement or share with a contractor.
You will also receive my detailed direction on all things Gardening from how to properly plant a tree or shrub, to when to plant, how to water, organic protocols and much more. You will also receive a brief write up on design suggestions and a customized plant list edited to your light conditions.
Finally, I send you photo examples of solutions and a basic idea of how to approach them on the budget you have to work with. I also provide examples that speak to your style and the style of your home.
Here are the best candidates for 0nline Consultation:
* Anyone who likes to do it yourself. DIY!
* Anyone who has a few weird spots in the yard they can’t seem to get to grow.
* Anyone with lawn, erosion, or drainage issues who can capture these events on video for discussion.
* Anyone with a predominantly flat yard and a clean pallet, looking for some Design direction.
* Anyone who would like to learn more about their existing plants, trees, lawn, watering and general maintenance.
* Anyone who has recently purchased a home and doesn’t know what’s actually living in their yard, or what they want to keep or remove.
* Anyone selling their home who would like to know how to give it a quick makeready facelift, for a quick sale.
* Anyone who would like to bid out the work to be done, but would like a designer’s opinion on which materials to use.
* Anyone who’s feeling discouraged in their Central Texas landscape and would like to get excited about it again.
Details of the Online Consultation service:
* 30 minute Zoom call (including provided email photo and video supported documentation)
* A detailed write up of our conversation including photo examples and or appropriate websites for accurate and detailed information.
* A custom plant list based on your specific light needs. All of the recommended plants are low water, low maintenance, deer resistance upon request, and perennial native or adapted plants.
* A detailed write up of general information and instructions on planting such as technique, timing, watering, soil preparation and lawn care. This will also include my organic protocols and local nurseries that carry the plants I recommend.
* A rough sketch of the concept we discussed as shown above.
* My recently added “Design by the Foot” diagram that shows you how to allocate plants properly.
* Photos of all of my recommended materials such as stone color and shape, River rock and patio stone, metal edging and water features, as well as seating, fire pits, and so much more.
Online Consultations are provided Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 11 PM. I accept payments through Venmo or Zelle. You can contact me at Lisalapaso@gmail.com for an online or in person appointment to get started on the space you need at the price you can’t beat. I have worked and taught for 25 years in the Central Texas Landscape and all I do is Xeriscape and environmentally friendly gardens while “Saving the Planet One Yard at a Time”.
- Posted in: Austin Xeriscape ♦ Central Texas Gardens ♦ Deer Resistant Plants Austin ♦ Edible Gardens ♦ Education ♦ Garden Coach ♦ Gardening in Central Texas ♦ Landscape Consultation ♦ Native and Adapted Plants ♦ Organic Gardening ♦ Soil Preparation ♦ Water Wise Perennial Plants
- Tagged: consulting, garden, inspiration, Low, maintenance, plants, secret garden, sustainable, trees, water