Online or In Person Landscape Consultation, Austin and Zone 8
As a mother of two young adult sons with autism, a Landscape Designer and Educational Consultant for the last 20 years in Central Texas, I am well versed in adjustments. That being said, I am more determined than ever to provide service at the highest levels and I believe everyone who owns a home should have a Landscape consultation before they ever begin a project.
However, I’ve found over these many years that not every one needs me in their yard to get the big picture. So as a matter of pricing and convenience, I provide consultation services both in-person and online to all of hardiness zone 8. Not only does this allow me to do what I love, but for you that means you still get a high quality service at a great price.
I charge $225 for a 30 minute zoom call and a detailed write up including concept sketches and a list of plants you can use in your space. In person visits range from $295-$375
Here’s What You Get Online
* Photo examples of my material and hardscape recommendations.
*Unlimited after the service email access through the process and completion.
With either service, this is an opportunity for the client to ask questions of a professional landscape contractor/designer with over 20 years experience in the Central Texas Landscape.
Before and After using your provided photos…
You will be pleasantly surprised by how many stunning flowers and edible plants that really thrive here and are also native and adapted, low water and deer resistant. My focus is on education for wildlife friendly gardens and sustainable practices.
Unique Plant Selections
Instructions and Information
Finally, I send you photo examples of solutions and a basic idea of how to approach them on the budget you have to work with. I’ll also provide examples that speak to your style and the style of your home.
Here are the best candidates for 0nline or In Person Consultation
* Anyone who likes to do it yourself. DIY!
* Those few weird spots in the yard you can’t seem to get to grow.
* Continued lawn problems, erosion, or drainage issues who can capture these events on video for discussion.
* Homeowners with a predominantly flat yard and a clean pallet, looking for some Design direction.
* Wise investors who would like to learn more about their existing plants, trees, lawn, watering and general maintenance.
* A new home owner who doesn’t know what’s actually living in their yard, or what they want to keep or remove.
* If you’re looking to sell a home and would like to know how to give it a quick makeready facelift, for a quick sale.
* Those taking bids on the work to be done, but would like a designer’s opinion on which materials to use.
* Anyone who’s feeling discouraged in their Central Texas landscape and would like to get excited about it again.
Details of the Landscape Consultation Service
For a recap on what you can expect from this service…
* 30 minute Zoom call or in person visit
* A detailed write up of our conversation including photo examples and or appropriate websites for accurate and detailed information.
* A custom plant list based on your specific light needs. All of the recommended plants are low water, low maintenance, deer resistance upon request, and perennial native or adapted plants.
* A detailed write up of general information and instructions on planting such as technique, timing, watering, soil preparation and lawn care. This will also include my organic protocols and local nurseries that carry the plants I recommend.
* A rough sketch of the concept we discussed as shown above.
* My “Design by the Foot” diagram that shows you how to select and allocate plants properly.
*Unlimited email access through and after the project is complete.
* Photos of all of my recommended materials such as stone color and shape, river rock and patio stone, metal edging and water features, as well as seating, fire pits, and so much more.
Here are some examples of my work
Online Consultations are provided Monday through Friday from 8 AM to noon. You can contact me at Lisalapaso@gmail.com for an online or in person appointment to get started on the space you imagined.
Lisa’s Landscape and Design
”Saving the Planet One Yard at a Time”
- Posted in: Austin Xeriscape ♦ Central Texas Gardens ♦ Deer Resistant Plants Austin ♦ Edible Gardens ♦ Education ♦ Garden Coach ♦ Gardening in Central Texas ♦ Landscape Consultation ♦ Native and Adapted Plants ♦ Organic Gardening ♦ organic pest control ♦ Soil Preparation ♦ Tree Trimming ♦ Water Wise ♦ Water Wise Perennial Plants ♦ Xeriscape
- Tagged: austin, consultation, consulting, Design, educational, garden, inspiration, landscape, plants, sustainable, trees
- Furman's Red, Salvia Greggi (Autumn Sage) - Lisa's Landscape & Design
- Tropical Sage, Salvia coccinea - Lisa's Landscape & Design
I have used Lisa’s expertise in a consult when we first moved to TX. She saved us lots of $$ & we have a lawn & drainage & planting beds we are proud of—she doesn’t fool around or waste your time. Some of the best $$ I ever spent. She is amazing & a very nice person.
Thank you for the lovely feedback! I love what I do and am glad that it shows.