Online Landscape Consultation, Austin and Zone 8
So let’s just get right to it, the last many years have been a real eye-opener when it comes to how we do business and where our priorities lie.
Being the mother of two young adult sons with autism, a Landscape Designer and Educational Consultant for the last 20 years in Central Texas, I am well versed in adjustments. That being said, I am more determined than ever to accomplish both at the highest levels.
Right now that means I provide services online to all of hardiness zone 8. Not only does this allow me to safely continue to do what I love, but for you that means you still get a high quality service at a great price.
I charge $225 for a 30 minute zoom call and a detailed write up including concept sketches and a list of plants you can use in your space.
Depending on the season, I provide in person Educational and Design Consultation to a limited area (for difficult topography or large projects) for $350-$375 for a 30-40 minute “walk and talk“, followed by the same detail as the online version.
With either service, this is an opportunity for the client to ask questions of a professional landscape contractor/designer with over 20 years experience in the Central Texas Landscape. Either online or in person service provides you you with my professional design and material recommendations, an edited plant list for your space, sunlight and color preferences, and General information and instructions on all the gardening including edible gardening and organic protocols.
Before and After using your provided photos…
Moreover, you probably have no idea how many stunning flowers and edible plants really thrive here that are also native and adapted, low water and deer resistant when needed. My focus is on education for Wildlife friendly gardens and sustainable practices.
Finally, I send you photo examples of solutions and a basic idea of how to approach them on the budget you have to work with. I’ll also provide examples that speak to your style and the style of your home.
Here are the best candidates for 0nline Consultation:
* Anyone who likes to do it yourself. DIY!
* Those few weird spots in the yard you can’t seem to get to grow.
* Continued lawn problems, erosion, or drainage issues who can capture these events on video for discussion.
* Homeowners with a predominantly flat yard and a clean pallet, looking for some Design direction.
* Wise investors who would like to learn more about their existing plants, trees, lawn, watering and general maintenance.
* A new home owner who doesn’t know what’s actually living in their yard, or what they want to keep or remove.
* If you’re looking to sell a home and would like to know how to give it a quick makeready facelift, for a quick sale.
* Those taking bids on the work to be done, but would like a designer’s opinion on which materials to use.
* Anyone who’s feeling discouraged in their Central Texas landscape and would like to get excited about it again.
Details of the Online Consultation service:
* 30 minute Zoom call (including provided email photo and video supported documentation)
* A detailed write up of our conversation including photo examples and or appropriate websites for accurate and detailed information.
* A custom plant list based on your specific light needs. All of the recommended plants are low water, low maintenance, deer resistance upon request, and perennial native or adapted plants.
* A detailed write up of general information and instructions on planting such as technique, timing, watering, soil preparation and lawn care. This will also include my organic protocols and local nurseries that carry the plants I recommend.
* A rough sketch of the concept we discussed as shown above.
* My recently added “Design by the Foot” diagram that shows you how to allocate plants properly.
* Photos of all of my recommended materials such as stone color and shape, River rock and patio stone, metal edging and water features, as well as seating, fire pits, and so much more.
Online Consultations are provided Monday through Friday from 8 AM to noon. You can contact me at Lisalapaso@gmail.com for an online or in person appointment to get started on the space you imagined.
Lisa’s Landscape and Design
”Saving the Planet One Yard at a Time”
- Posted in: Austin Xeriscape ♦ Central Texas Gardens ♦ Deer Resistant Plants Austin ♦ Edible Gardens ♦ Education ♦ Garden Coach ♦ Gardening in Central Texas ♦ Landscape Consultation ♦ Native and Adapted Plants ♦ Organic Gardening ♦ organic pest control ♦ Soil Preparation ♦ Tree Trimming ♦ Water Wise ♦ Water Wise Perennial Plants ♦ Xeriscape
- Tagged: austin, consultation, consulting, Design, educational, garden, inspiration, landscape, plants, sustainable, trees